HOW TO WHITEN UP YOUR NAILS

11:29:00




Ever paint your nails black but when you take off the polish your nails look like they have yellowed? This is actually pretty common if you do not use a base coat because dark polishes actually stain your nails, making them look yellow after the polish is gone. Or at least that’s what the lady at the nail salon told me years ago! Typically after I paint my nails with a dark color I wait a few days before I paint them again to reduce the stain left on them, until I saw this little pin on Pintrest.

I tried to follow the link but it lead me right back to my own home page on Pintrest. Weird right? Well since the link didn’t work I don’t know where this originally came

 from, but here is my spin on how to whiten up your nails
 after removing a dark nail polish.

What you will need:

Small dish
1 Tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
2 Tablespoons baking soda
Combine ingredients in small dish and stir until you have created a paste. (this looked a lot like my baking soda face mask)

Apply paste to each nail and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes. Leave on for more time if your nails are really stained and a short amount of time if they are not so bad. I wouldn’t exceed more than 7 minutes because you will risk drying out or corroding surface of your nails.

Wash hands and nails thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove all paste left on nails. Moisturize nails, hands, and cuticles with lotion or hand oil. Allow to dry fully before painting nails again.

This is pretty cool and worked well for me! I definitely will use it when I try to go from black polish to french tip.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe